There are several reasons why you may need to request a Stop Payment and Reissue of a distribution check:
- Your distribution check was never received, lost, missing, or damaged, or
- Your distribution check contained an incorrect payment address, incorrect financial institution information, or account information was provided, or
- Your distribution check has remained ‘outstanding’ or uncashed for 180 days and has become stale.
To request a Stop Payment and Reissue of your check, contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 866-840-6441 Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 5:30 MT and we would be happy to assist you.
A few things to note:
- After 180 days from a check’s issuance, it will expire if it remains uncashed and a new check will need to be issued. If the check is being reissued due to an incorrect payment address or incorrect financial institution information, you will need to verify the name of new your IRA or Qualified Plan, your account number, and the mailing address.
- If the distribution check is being sent to your home address, it is important to note that for security reasons, the home address that we mail your check to must match the address that we have on file for you. Please see the article: How Do I Update My Mailing Address? for instructions on how to update your address.
- Whenever a Stop Payment and Reissue is processed, we must get final approval from the Plan Administrator for the Stop Payment before the new distribution check can be mailed out.